Friday, November 20, 2009

Japanese Clinic

Is busy with uni stuff and moving and end of year stuff so I haven't been writing.
m(_ _)m

I went to a Japanese Clinic today to get a health check up, required for my master course application. Found one clinic nearby that was less crowded and cheap. The one I found in the city costs ¥40,000 o_o it takes like 3 hours and do i dunno what test. But I only need to get the form filled, only ¥9,000, was lucky to find this clinic... through google. And thankfully, despite being a small clinic, they can fill in the English form.
Really. I can't survive without internet. I'm so thankful they have a website.

The clinic was full of old men. I was worried when I came in that I thought I'd have to wait for all of them. And I already came early, since I want to get it done fast before my class. But apparently I'm the first one to do the test (only one?). That still takes about 1.5 hours. Well, they're not doing health check up only, so I have to wait for people who do injections and stuff.

Those old men was then called upstairs, and when I went upstairs, I saw a room of beds with those people there. I'm not sure what they're getting cured off, blood care for diabetes? Anyway, I was too scared to peek in.

I did urine test, weight, height, a machine with some weird "tentacles" to my body which produced a graph, x-ray, blood test (ouch), blood pressure, doctor check, and eye test. It'll be another 2 weeks before I can get my result. It's still in time for the application. Phew.

The blood pressure was probably free, it's just outside of the counter. The toilet has cups and pens to write down your name, and passing the cups through the window. Same as what I did in Aussie too, but this one was an old building, haha. I'm really not sure what graph was it the tentacles machine produced... it's very weird. I should've asked. x-ray was really fast, hmm.

Eye test! It looked something like this:

skitched-20091120-233132.jpg


@_@ very different to what I knew. It includes hiragana!
And my sight was something like 1.5? 1.2? I have no idea what those numbers mean. They're written beside the lines. I can only read 2 lines from the last line. Does this mean my eyes are going bad? I remember I can usually read till the last one, but it seemed to be bigger than these ones.

0 comments: