Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tenjin Matsuri

Was in Osaka on 24-25 July. I only went for the 2nd day. Decided to walk to the site since it's close enough from Umeda station.

IMG_8952.jpg


On the way, got my lunch at Saizeriya. 299 yen. I love this Doria.

IMG_8953.jpg


On the way there, I went pass a temple, and yeah wished for a wish. There were some people wandering around there.

IMG_8954.jpg


Sort of an exhibition at the temple.

IMG_8957.jpg


The crossing bridges in Umeda is awesome. This is the small one.

IMG_8959.jpg


Doesn't that electric pole look dangerous?

IMG_8961.jpg


I spot miko! Or maybe girls dressing as miko?

IMG_8965.jpg


At the end of the closed big street, there was a march from the temple I guess. People were taking pics and stopping there.

IMG_8970.jpg


After that I go with the flow of the people. They were basically walking in 1 way. So I suppose the next event will happen there.

IMG_8979.jpg


This is the next event, the bridge is closed... And people were sitting on the roadside.

IMG_8983.jpg


Nothing was there after awhile. Down on the river, people are getting on the boats.

IMG_8985.jpg


Then came a march of people dressing up like this. Reminds me of gnomes.

IMG_8995.jpg


Next, the crowd are moving towards the small road. When suddenly the police asked us to move aside.

IMG_9005.jpg


And a tengu showed up!! People were watching from their windows too.

IMG_9008.jpg


Going straight on, there were loads of stands. But I was still full. Ningyo Sukui! As Mikuru requested! I didn't play though.

IMG_9019.jpg


Then I'm not sure where to go afterwards. Going along with the most crowds again, seems like they're heading to the fireworks place. Some of the roads were forced to be one way walking. There were too many people. And polices shouting "don't ride on your bikes, please go on one way"... Non stop. Must be tough.

IMG_9028.jpg


We were going right on the side of a big street.

IMG_9033.jpg


And look at the zebra cross!

IMG_9040.jpg


More of one way pics. Omawari-san (policeman)!

IMG_9041.jpg


We're heading towards the bridge.

IMG_9042.jpg


Look at the crowds coming out from the other end.

IMG_9043.jpg


Look at the amount of people...

IMG_9046.jpg


I can barely see stuff and move. There were just too many people.

IMG_9069.jpg


The boat with the lights up.

IMG_9095.jpg


The fireworks were a bit disappointing. I've seen better in Aussie, I think. But seems like this is the small one. Each is supported by companies, like this.

IMG_9082.jpg


There were lots of companies, but all were short ones. And so, it ended. Move with the crowds again.

IMG_9186.jpg


Decided to go to the stands and get something to eat. I only had coffee while standing and walking for 6 hours.

IMG_9187.jpg


And I got Tamago Senbei.

IMG_9188.jpg


The egg is heart shaped. But eating wasn't very peaceful. Lots of people smoking on the free space. And I dripped the egg yolk again!

IMG_9190.jpg


Say bye bye to the boats, it's time to go home.

IMG_9192.jpg


And look at the rubbish people left. Even if it's Japan, it still get this dirty. They were scattered here and there too.

IMG_9205.jpg


I walked with the crowd again. Not too sure where I'm going as long as it's towards a station. Here's Osaka Castle from far.

IMG_9217.jpg


This one I've been wanting to snap. Liberty statue (upper half?!). Not sure what's that. And again I spilled the melted ice of my drinks (didn't find a proper trash can in the station).

0 comments: